No one does the holidays better than Disney. From the millions of lights and decorations to fireworks and parades, there’s just so much to see. Whether you’ve been to Walt Disney World once or a hundred times. the holiday season is not to be missed. Here are just some of the many highlights:
- Rotating seasonal projections appear on Cinderella Castle in the evening with different designs transitioning about every 15 minutes throughout the night.
- Jingle Cruise – The homesick skippers of the Jungle Cruise has decorated for Disney World holiday events! You’ll find plenty of yuletide cheers and punny jokes as you board your boat.
- On select nights, Join Mickey, Minnie, and a cast of characters for special Christmas shows, Minnie’s Wonderful Christmastime fireworks show treats, and a parade at Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party. (This is a ticketed event).
- Candlelight Processional is the retelling of the Christmas story as told by a celebrity narrator accompanied by a 50-piece orchestra and a mass choir.
- Holiday Kitchens – Seasonal tastes from around the globe will be served at kitchens around World Showcase.
- Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Overlay – This season, the Guardians are trading in their classic hits playlist for a mash-up of seasonal jams at Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind. Blast off to the tune of an awesome holiday single, bringing joy to Xandar and Terra, too.
- Holiday Entertainment – Behold heartwarming performances around World Showcase, including Canadian Holiday Voyageurs, Las Posadas with Mariachi Cobre, and the Chinese Lion Dance.
- Holiday Storytellers – Celebrating the holiday season at Epcot is so special. Guests can learn about the holiday traditions of all the different countries that are represented in the World Showcase pavilions. Each country has its own special theme that highlights its culture.
- Sunset Seasons Greeting – Behold colorful projections on The Hollywood Tower Hotel during Sunset Seasons Greetings. Boasting new laser effects and “snow,” the experience also includes stories, songs, and holiday cheer brought to you by friends like Mickey, Minnie, and Olaf.
- Minnie’s Holiday Dine at Hollywood & Vine – Join Minnie, Mickey, Goofy, Pluto, and Donald Duck in their holiday attire for a merry meal (reservations are strongly encouraged).
- Santa Claus Motorcade – Catch the Santa Claus Merry Motorcade, where old St. Nick will travel up Hollywood Blvd. in his candy-apple red convertible, packed with a sack of presents!
- For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration – Look forward to an unforgettable holiday finale featuring everyone’s favorite snowman, Olaf.
- Holiday Cheer at Toy Story Land- You’ll definitely want to play big in Andy’s backyard and see all the whimsical holiday touches.
- Tree of Life Awakenings – Starting at sunset each evening, the Tree of Life comes alive with winter tales through a combination of digital video projections, music, and other special effects.
- Santa Claus Festive Flotilla – See Santa Claus as he sails down the Discovery River to a jolly, world-beat holiday soundtrack.
- Merry Menagerie – Delight in winter wonders as Discovery Island springs to life with artisan-sculpted puppets of arctic animals—like penguins, reindeer, foxes, and polar bears.
- Discovery Island Drummers Festive Flotilla – Feel the beat as a colorful group of percussionists cruise along the Discovery River, entertaining Guests like you on the shore.
- Christmas Tree Trail – Discover 27 holiday trees, each inspired by a Disney character or theme.
- Special Entertainment – Meet Santa and enjoy festive holiday tunes with live musical performances and DJs. Plus, encounter Toy Soldier Stilt Walkers and Snowflake Skaters.
- Let It Snow! – Flurries are in the forecast for Disney Springs Town Center. In the evenings, delight in a magical snowfall, adding an extra touch of wonder to your holiday shopping.
Walt Disney World Resorts
- Resort Decorations – All the resorts, especially the deluxe resorts, get really decorated for Christmas. Disney’s Grand Floridian, Contemporary, Boardwalk Inn, and Beach and Yacht Club all have spectacular, oversized gingerbread displays! Each of the trees is also decorated in theme with the resorts.
Dreaming of your next vacation to Disney or beyond? I would love to help you design the perfect land or sea experience for your family! Click here to schedule a “Let’s Get Acquainted Session” with me so we can start planning your family’s next great adventure.